Snooker icon priced at 200/1 to win PokerStars Festival London
25 Jan 2017
Punters and sports fans can now place bets at BetStars on the snooker legend's performance against professional poker players from across the globe at the first PokerStars Festival London.
On Friday, 27 January, at The Hippodrome Casino London, Hendry will transfer his skills from the snooker table to the poker table in the third of three starting days (1C) of the Main Event, which features a guaranteed £400,000 prize pool.
He will take on poker players from all over the world as well as Team PokerStars Pros Liv Boeree, Jake Cody, Felipe "Mojave" Ramos, Aditya Agarwal and Luca Pagano, who all have their eyes fixed on becoming London's champion.
"I'm really looking forward to being a part of the PokerStars Festival London," said snooker legend Hendry. "The anticipation is much like that of a snooker tournament really: The adrenaline, the eagerness to size up your opponent, and the desire to be on your best game. The strategic thought, patience and focus needed isn't dissimilar to what I'm used to. Although, at least with poker you can practice online. I can't wait to get out there and give it my best in the Main Event; it's going to be a lot of fun."
PokerStars Festival London is now in full-swing until Sunday, 29 January. The Festival marks the first 2017 stop for the transatlantic PokerStars Festival having previously set up shop in New Jersey last year.
- PokerStars Festival Main Event: 25-29 2017 - £990
- StarsFun Roulette Tournament: 26 January 2017 - £120
- StarsFun Blackjack Tournament: 27 January 2017 - £120
- StarsFun Craps Tournament: 28 January 2017 - £120
- PokerStars Cup: 28-29 January 2017 - £330
- NL Hold'em Ladies Event: 29 January 2017 - £170
- Turbo Deepstack UKIPT Edition: 29 January 2017 - £170
- PokerStars Super Deep: Finishes today - £275
- PokerStars Festival High Roller: Finishes today - £2,200