PokerStars to host biggest day in online poker history
19 May 2017
The precedent-setting day will be Sunday, 21 May, coinciding with the PokerStars Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) Main Event. At least two players will become millionaires as a result of two tournaments with guaranteed first-prize of at least $1 million. The 15 SCOOP events on Sunday guarantee $18 million alone, and with SCOOP buy-ins from $5.50 to $10,300, there's a tournament for everyone, including special $25 Spin & Gos that are awarding players a $10,300 seat into the high-stakes Main Event.
"This is a really special day for us and our players, which will go down in online poker history as a record breaking moment," said Severin Rasset, Director of Poker Innovations and Operations at PokerStars. "The huge prize pools on offer further cement our position as the biggest and the best and on Sunday when players compete for $28 million we will be delivering millions of winning moments, too."
Highlights of Sunday's schedule include:
SCOOP Main Event, 21 May, 14:00 ET
- Low-stakes: $109 buy-in; $1.5 million guaranteed; $100,000 to first place
- Mid-stakes: $1,050 buy-in; $3 million guaranteed; $300,000 to first place
- High-stakes: $10,300 buy-in; $5 million guaranteed; $1 million to first place
- Low-stakes: $11 buy-in; $1 million guaranteed; $100,000 to first place
- Mid-stakes: $109 buy-in; $1.5 million guaranteed; $150,000 to first place
- High-stakes: $1,050 buy-in; $5 million guaranteed; $1 million to first place
What could $28 million buy you?
- One thousand bottles of 100-year old French champagne from a sunken ship
- A renaissance villa in Florence
- A private island in Key Largo, Florida
- A "Princess" mega yacht
- 60,000 years' worth of ice cream