PokerStars creates nine millionaires in 2017
11 Jan 2018
"PokerStars Casino grew from strength to strength in 2017," said Bo Wänghammar, Managing Director of PokerStars Casino. "The launch of two exclusive, in-house developed $1 million guaranteed jackpot slots games in one year alongside the launch of over 150 new games has created what we believe to be a very strong offering and a truly unique online gaming experience for our customers."
December million-dollar payouts
Three million-dollar jackpots were won in December, starting with beckskr on 10 December, who struck the jackpot playing Arcade Bomb to head into the holiday season $1.8 million richer. Describing the win, beckskr said, "It just felt like it wasn't real!"
After wagering just 50 cents on Millionaires Island, Ukrainian player aHare75 struck gold on the popular progressive jackpot slot on 26 December and won $2,510,318.95. It's the largest jackpot amount ever won at PokerStars Casino.
Just days later on 30 December, PokerStars Casino's newest in-house developed slot, Stars Mega Spin, awarded its first jackpot. Stars Mega Spin sent one lucky player into 2018 in style, paying out more than $1.4 million just weeks after launch.
Millionaire grand total
Millionaires Island lived up to its name by striking for six out of the nine millionaires made in 2017, the most out of any slot game at PokerStars Casino last year.
- 26 January 2017, Millionaires Island, $1,517,303.08
- 22 February 2017, Millionaires Island, $1,410,720.04
- 24 February 2017, Genie Jackpots, $1,368,821.28
- 26 July 2017, Millionaires Island, $2,439,369.27
- 27 July 2017, Millionaires Island, $1,348,812.57
- 4 November 2017, Millionaires Island, €1,517,256.34
- 10 December 2017, Arcade Bomb, $1,879,437.02
- 26 December 2017, Millionaires Island, $2,510,318.95
- 30 December 2017, Stars Mega Spin, $1,409,566.38