New buffet concept AYCE now open at Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas
23 Dec 2017
The diverse menu is presented in a creative, technique-focused style via wood-burning grills, top-of-the-line rotisseries, smokers and a hearth oven offering an interactive chef-driven experience. A.Y.C.E buffet offers an open food hall setting and communal tables for unexpected social engagements and small gatherings for all. Pops of color emerge throughout from the playful artwork and large mirrors along the walls give an open eclectic feel. Checkered stained-glass windows accented by equally vibrant plaid carpets, warm woods and stone finishes combine to create a warm environment.
The new buffet features recipes from scratch with various classic cooking methods, setting the tone for the different types of cuisine served. The seven food stations created by Station Casinos' executive chefs, Certified Master Chef David Kellaway, Chef Joseph Kudrak, and Chef Patrick Higgins and Executive Pastry Chef Thomas Bell include the following:
- The Greenery features individually plated and platter style fresh greens, fruits, and individual sized salads such as spicy green papaya, arugula fig with goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, complemented by a traditional Italian antipasto with cured meats, olives, pepperoncini, mushrooms and a variety of tangy and salty cheeses as well as soups of the day.
- The Hearth centers around a brick open oven focusing on baked items such as casseroles, assorted gourmet pizzas, whole fish, English pasties, and roasted vegetables. Everything from baked chili pie to rustic breakfast bowls and cheesy quiches are served hot from the oven. Also featured at the open-air kitchen are cedar plank salmon and a mini duck cassoulet on a bed of white beans.
- The Roastery is the central rotisserie offering a broad variety of international fare, including braised oxtail poutine served over thick cut French fries topped with mozzarella curd, and French onion beef sliders with melted gruyere cheese. The rotisserie also offers golden brown Italian porchetta, in addition to whole heads of cauliflower rubbed with spiced curry. The second standout at this station is a wood burning grill with flavors of white oak and mesquite chips. Grilled calamari steaks, chicken teriyaki, sausages, and quesadillas provide flavor while sizzling over the 900-degree grill.
- The World Pan offers wok-style dishes, from vegetable paella with saffron rice to Moroccan lamb, congee, and dim sum, bao buns, gyoza and dumplings and other globally inspired dishes like cioppino, stroganoff, stir-fry, fried noodles, gumbo, and more.
- Smoke & Fire, using a favorite flavoring technique, serves every manner of protein and vegetable adorned with a golden-brown patina and a delicate smoky nuance. Dishes include traditional bourbon glazed ham, barbecue ribs, turkey legs, hot links, smoked brisket benedicts with corn bread, as well as hollandaise, poached eggs, and cornmeal Johnny cakes for breakfast.
- Revival focuses on wellness, power-boosting super foods and specialty vegan, vegetarian and anti-inflammatory cuisine, perfect for the health-savvy guest. Sample offerings include fresh pressed juices, crispy eggplant "bacon," zucchini noodles with mushroom bolognese, rainbow chard hash and cauliflower and quinoa grits and jackfruit enchiladas.
- Sweet & Light is the perfect station to satisfy any sweet tooth. With delectable choices ranging from fresh fruit cobblers, freshly baked cookies, and signature frozen treats to croissants and breakfast pastries, the dessert station is a colorful combination of sweet and tart. The station also features a gelato bar with creative ice cream taco combinations and gelato cookie sandwiches.
Daily pricing for A.Y.C.E buffet includes the following; $12.99 for breakfast, $15.99 for lunch, $21.99 for dinner and Sunday brunch for $21.99. Discounts for Station Casinos' Boarding Pass players club members are also available.
A.Y.C.E. serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as Sunday brunch. The all-new buffet is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week and serves breakfast Monday through Saturday. Bottomless Mimosa Brunch is available Sundays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and dinner will be served until 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.