Mayweather vs. McGregor biggest boxing match in BetVictor's history
24 Aug 2017
Spokesperson Charlie McCann said, "We have been absolutely overwhelmed by the response to our new customer offer of 100/1 (max £1) on McGregor to win on Sunday morning, and betting on the fight is completely unprecedented, with around three times the number of bets taken on the fight at this stage as the epic Joshua vs. Klitschko match at Wembley earlier in the year.
"McGregor was an 11/2 shot when we began betting on the fight and did touch 6s, but he is now into 11/4. It is not just in the U.K. that he has attracted support, with a report from one of the casinos in Vegas earlier in the week saying that for every one bet on Mayweather they are taking 27 bets on Conor. A fight that was looked upon skeptically by many six months ago is now one of the most eagerly-anticipated sporting events of all time. Mayweather was once the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but the boxing bettor is putting his or her pound on McGregor."
Betting stats as of 23 August:
- It's by far the biggest boxing event in BetVictor's history, with around three times the number of bets made on the Epic Joshua vs. Klitschko.
- 86% of all bets are to win the fight bets are for Conor McGregor.
- McGregor opened at 11/2 back in April. The biggest price was 6/1. He is now 11/4.
- The #PriceItUp market is by far the biggest in terms of bets (outside football), with three and a half days still to go.
- The most popular price it up market is (bizarrely) Mayweather to be knocked down in round one and win the fight in round 8 @ 100/1.