Betandwin.com Results Up
VIENNA, Austria – (PRESS RELEASE) -- New record quarterly turnover of almost EUR 222 million, up 154%
- Net winnings after commission and taxes of EUR 11.5 million more than doubled compared to Q3 2003, up 123% (despite favourable results for customers)
- EBITDA of EUR 1.1 million, up 21% - 900,000 registered customers as of 30 September 2004 First nine months of 2004 (pro forma consolidated)
- Turnover of over EUR 542 million doubled compared to same period the previous year, up 97% and 115% respectively (first nine months of 2003 adjusted for third-party turnover)
- Net winnings after commission and taxes of EUR 32 million, up 90% and 131% respectively (first nine months of 2003 adjusted for third-party turnover)
- 200,000 active sports betting customers in Q1-3 compared with 126,000 new active sports betting customers
- Liquid assets of EUR 29 million as of 30 September 2004 up 23% The detailed report for Q3 & first nine months/2004 is published at: http://www.betandwin.ag/pdf/ad_hoc_quartal_16112004_uk.pdf
Notes In compliance with the requirements of companies listed on the prime market of the Vienna Stock Exchange, with effect from the report for Q1 2003, BETandWIN.com Interactive Entertainment AG now publishes more detailed (unaudited) information, including a complete consolidated balance sheet, a consolidated income statement, a consolidated cash flow statement, and a consolidated statement of changes in shareholders' equity. This move is designed to significantly improve the quality and transparency of the interim financial reporting on the Group's assets and profitability.
In order to ensure improved comparability with previous periods, betandwin now publishes selected key figures both in a "pro forma" consolidated form and using the "at-equity" method. However, the consolidated balance sheet, consolidated income statement, consolidated cash flow statement, and consolidated statement of changes in shareholders' equity are solely presented using the "at-equity" method. This report contains statements about possible future developments that have been made on the basis of the information currently available. These statements reflect the opinion of the Executive Board with respect to such future events, and should not be taken as a guarantee of future performance, since they entail risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict. For many different reasons, actual events or circumstances may differ significantly from the assumptions on which such statements are made.
Further information: Karin Klein, Corporate Communications betandwin.com Interactive Entertainment AG Babenbergerstrasse 9/17, A-1010 Vienna Tel.: +43-1-585-60-44-260 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.betandwin.ag
The betandwin Group, the leading provider of online gaming products in continental Europe, has set itself the goal of becoming the world's number one address for sports betting, gaming and entertainment on the Internet. Operating under licences issued in Austria, Germany, the United Kingdom and Gibraltar, the company's subsidiaries and affiliated companies offer sports betting, casino games, soft games, and person-to-person applications via Internet and mobile telephone.